In the school year of 2018/2019 our main topic is Healthy Lifestyle
Our goal is that our students learn the rules of good nutrition and how to make a difference between healthy and unhealthy foods, drinks. They will understand the types and functions of food groups. They will understand what ‘Health’ means, how to maintain it and how to avoid dis-ease. They will be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of the body getting out of balance. They will receive home remedy ideas to common ailments. Children will learn about correct posture, breathing and relaxation techniques that can be used at school and at home (yoga, breathing, meditation).
1. Regular 'Healthy Lifestyle' classes held by Monika Vadai, naturopath and nutritionist. All grades will receive one lesson per month - within the English Curriculum
2. Monthly seminars for parents and teachers
4. Regular Consultation Hours and possibility to have Personal Naturopathic Consultations with Monika Vadai at the school grounds
5. In co-operation with the Orchidea School's restaurant, we will check and modify the weekly menu to optimize student nutrition
6. Our long term plan to introduce 'Healthy Lifestyle' into the curriculum and to be held as a weekly regular class in our school
Monika Vadai – Healthy Lifestlyle Teacher
Naturopath, Nutritionist and Medical Herbalist
BHSc (Comp Med), Dip Herb Med, Dip Nat NZAMH, NZSN
Monika is originally from Budapest, Hungary. She graduated as an economist in Hungary and traveled around the world before coming to Auckland, New Zealand in 2000. It is here in New Zealand where she found her true passion, natural healing. Monika trained in Wellpark College of Natural Therapies in Auckland graduating with a double diploma in Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine in 2005. She has also won the ‘Best Naturopathic Student Award’..
Monika holds a Bachelor of Health Science Degree in Complementary Medicine from Charles Sturt University, Australia.
She is a member of the New Zealand Society of Naturopath (NZSN) and the New Zealand Association of Medical Herbalists (NZAMH).
Monika specializes in women’s and children’s health, fertility and pregnancy. She has a strong focus on nutrition, herbal medicine and iridology in her practice.
She is a compassionate, caring and knowledgeable natural therapist. Please contact her for naturopathic consultations or any further enquiry: